Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I am doing well! Thanks to those who contacted me to offer support and caring.

The surgery happened and is over. One week ago. There was a lump. I am now
patchwork quilt. Pain killers are not required at all now.Results will come in two more weeks. Don't feel scared this time.

The grumps are mostly over. Who could be grumpy in the spring?

Can't wait to be fully mobile so I can start splashing around in concoctions. In the meantime I will just sketch and stitich away. To be born in a very few weeks.

Am watching the movies Georgia O'keefe, Artemisia, and the Piano.

 Salt Garden Continuing to bloom. Like me! 2011-2012


















2 comments:

Judith said...

I met you at the crawl last year. I am so inspired by your work. The patchwork feeling...yes I know this feeling. Dr. Kuusk is a knitter. I found this fact ironically comforting during treatment!
From Rumi....
Don't turn your head
Look for the bandaged place
That's where the light
enters you.
Wishing you wellness
Judith

material witness said...

Dr. Kuusk knits? I know she sews a pretty stitch. Cool!
I remember you of course!
Thank you for the Rumi Judith.