Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Inner Adult


It occurs to me that while playfulness is essentail for my creative process, I am really inspired by people who appear to have found their inner adult. I like sophistication and clarity. I am drawn to subtle and natural palettes. I like thoughtfulness and careful consideration and effort. Intelligence helps.


I want to make work thar can be understood with eyes closed. Both Tim and I have lost sight this year. Mine came back because of surgery. His will not return in one eye.


I have barely been in the studio for two months. I had only just returned after surgery when Tim ended up so sick. We are both progressing well and feel well. Circumstances have prevented me from getting much done but finishing old projects.


Today was spent with concentrated time to reconsidering other ways of recording and image transfer.

No comments: