Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Monday, November 26, 2012

Scarves

The latest show my work was in. It was a fashion show and an art show with "Scarves" as a theme. My scarf, "Radiant" was influenced by pojagi textles and was worked in patches layer upon layer. It was worked like a crazy quilt but had nothing but straight and zig zag stitches. It was torched to create texture and a lace like surface. I was thinking about the end of the world and the whole idea of fire and brimstone. The scarf is long, reversible and light weight. It was purchased on the first night of the show for more money than I expected.

1 comment:

arlee said...

GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS