Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Friday, July 12, 2013

And The Day After That

Phew! Some days are more difficult than others but that can all be fixed by preparing a good feed of Les Pied Du Cochon. Hot and peppery like made in Quebec when I was little. Talk about foot in mouth! Nothing polite or Calvinist there. Thank God! I am still stinging from the last appendage I ate.

So the broom jar finally cooled down after 2 days basking in the sun.  It had also started to turn into a bit of a strange brew and bubbled and hissed when I twisted the lid open. I'll have to remember this for my next batch of hooch. A solar powered still has never occurred to me before but turning the kiddie pool into a hot tub might be easier than I thought.

So the broom brew cooled a little and I could stick my hand in. So I did. And took a colander and rinsed the brew. I left it for awhile and caught up with my soap opera. I won't do that again.

Then I threw it in a big pot to steep away. gently simmering for two hours. And cooled my lunch. Took a phone call from the lovely Viking and my realtor who are both coming to the Island to drink my wine.
Hopefully on different days. Because I hate mixing metaphors. And in the meantime the broom softened to the point I could pick up the more fibrous, dense bits and put them aside to beat with my mallet. When I am in a ferocious mood.

And...wait for it...  I put the sludge in my blender on the freaking, shrieking high. And blended it until it looked like a delicious,watery, fine ground pesto. I will leave it until tomorrow and blend it again.

And voila!!! Paper pulp in just a few days.



No comments: