Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Monday, February 9, 2009

Playing With Light

I spent a good part of the weekend armed with a drill. I like to make holes in things.
I like to create new doorways from one surface to another. I like machines that make noise.

I now have a slew of images of my work that show it in a way that I want. Big problem is that my computer , though fixed, has bit the dust again. They need to be posted but that requies me to send them to someone that might also get infected.

The little piles of work are starting to turn into new surfaces that can be processed further and layered again. Marie, Cara and Marie are needle felting the various projects and are doing a great job. I am pleased with the difference in texture that is offered when different people are working on the same cloth.

Step by step, inch by inch the projects are progressing. I always have to remind myself that designing isn't the only job to be done.

You can keep having thousands of great ideas but they don't translate into art unless you use your needle or brush or torch.

2 comments:

arlee said...

If i could translate every idea i had........
GAWD i wanna see your new work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

material witness said...

I can't post the images until I fix my stupit puter. Your work is looking amazing!!!!