Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Tourist In Your Own Town

Claire, Bill , Stevie and I worked until very late pulling together Claire's show for the Two River's Gallery in Prince George, British Columbia. My role was simple enough. I reinforced her velcro attachments to hang the work and sewed little rings on the corners of her enormous trees.

I had to go back to the Good Eats Gallery and set up a mess into a real live show for the next morning at 9:00 am. The job was done at 8:45 am. Phew.

The merchants, artists and governers of Wells showed up and gave me the best welcome. They ate a few of my cookies and poked my work with enthusiasm.

They left and I climbed into bed a little worse for wear and slept until 2:30.

Elections happen for the Province of B.C. today. I voted in an early poll last week. Even 1200 miles from home without any fuss or bother.

Today I get to assemble display cases.

The Government approved both gallery names so I can now properly register.

No comments: