Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Eco Goo

Hilary attended the Surface Design Association meetng last week and brought me back a flyer for this great eco-goo from the Netherlands that has lots of potenial for my three dimensional work.

It is supposed to be non toxic, fume free, environmentlly safe and cleans up with water. It is something that is being used to make outdoor textile scupltures. The product is not supposed to be frozen before worked but it is supposed to survive both heat and cold after it has been tempered and set.

Oh my crumbs!!!!!

My questions about it are related to other applications. Can it be burnt or blended with other materials. Can you print with it? Can it be used with paper and some of the other stuff I make magic with?

I will give the products name after I have tried it. Never give an endorsement without experimenting fully. I am going to feed the local dealer lunch and find out as much as I can.

I just spent $300 on basic supplies last week. Looks like I might have to use the old man's soul as collateral. Maybe I'll put the kids on E-bay? Anyone want a ready made family of 25-34 year old men? Most are working. Most cook. Only one manages to clean! Best yet...they no longer need to live at home!

Gung Hay Fat Choy!

Monday is workshop day with the Taiwanese group. I am making goody bags for them as we speak.

No comments: