Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Accumulations

Last night I picked up Tina Ozols incredible photographs depicting her grandfather's accumulated treasures and belongings. They will be featured in the new show at the Good Eats Gallery.

Falling into the photographs was so soothing last night. I have been flying around for days and hadn't even really had a sit by myself to just be. Tina has taken the photos in a most recognizable and comfortable way. Each photo is composed to capture both light and object in a quiet way. Each object somehow recognizable and common but so poignant.

I can't wait until they are all in place.

In the meantime I dismantle and mantle all over again.

No comments: