Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Inching Forward

The studio is humming with partially finished product and projects that are starting to tell a story. It seems like the harder I try the more frozen I get and keep making the same kind of experiment over and over. Obviously, something is being worked out in my skull but I have no idea what it is. This would be just fine but the show is only in a few weeks.

Piles of mess are now being sorted down to....smaller piles of mess. I would like to park everything in a box car and send it somewhere else. Paula Scott, artist friend from Wells wants some of my experiments and scraps for her wonderful clothing . Sending her a great big box for Christmas might be a good idea.

Hilary has now shown me a scan of her little baby. The kid has personality and has a nose like it's father. I also think there is a shock of red hair. A very good looking little fetus! She is now starting to show. She is also producing some tasty little textile bits. Much more detailed than the other work .

My son is coming home for the holiday for the first time in a few years. It doesn't look like any of the other kids are going to be around so we should get a good visit in. His medical stuff is starting to settle and his next set of tests should reveal the mystery. Tim's tests came back worse. We get more results on the 15th. I am just scared to go for mine for awhile and keep losing the requisitions.

I am having a challenging time using my new computer. It has a nice big screen until my new eyes come in February. I wish needles came with large screens!

No comments: