Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sampling

One of the delights that can keep me going for ever is the ability to sample techniques. I have trunks of experiments. Lots of my samples are little bits and scraps taken from larger projects or from larger pieces but some of the more delightful are intentionally done samples that stand on their own.

Working in the studio with Hilary Young is inspiring even when she isn't there. Her mood boards, inspiration walls and samples are always beautifully done. She could set up an installation using then alone. Each little piece is like a tiny jewel.

The Fibre in the Forest Retreat with the Vancouver Guild of Fabric Arts March 29 - April 9 2010 will have a workshop with her called Mood Boards is guaranteed to be exceptional.

Then you will get to experience a little of what I get to see every time I step into the studio.

No comments: