Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Only One More Hour.

Components of time is one way to measure your life. Parcelling out blocks of time. Counting times an action happens. Appointments. Treatments.

Today's test will take a little more than one painful hour.

I am reminded of the day I was sure I wasn't going to make it.
It was the day my breast split in half from an infection that nearly killed me. Special nurses 3 times a day for months. I had a choice. I decided I was going to live.

Dr. Michael put his face right up to mine and said,"You can consider this a tragedy, no one would blame you. Or you can take one more breath and another one after that. Pretty soon you will be up again and walking. One little step at a time. Pretty soon it will be a thousand steps and you will marvel at your strength.

I have taken hundreds of thousands of steps since then. Which only means I still have to choose to keep walking and breathing. I never did find that pride but I am not dead yet. Although many strong friends are.

I will live until I die and I will do it with all the truth I can. Hopefully with enough forgiveness and love. No one said it was going to be fair.

No comments: