Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Thursday, June 7, 2007

Clutter


Today has been spent throwing out a few years of paper. Necessary because I lost a series of files containing my Guild work. Totally humiliating and not all my fault. I have helpers who organize all this stuff. I would really rather do it myself so will occupy my weekend sorting and tossing.

I am planning a fairly large move if things go well. I need a more substantial place to work even though there was all this talk about downsizing. It is clear that the new direction is more installation based work and other are more affordable at the other side of the country.
I also want to be closer to NYC and other Eastern American cities. I need to spend regular time in England and France.

It won't be necessary to give up my studio here for awhile. My family is here and in the prairies. Some of them are portable and some aren't. My friends are scattered all over the country and in other countries around the world. Cancer made my world very small but I am feeling better for now and have really itchy feet.

My children feel differently. Chris wants to come with me to help me look but his other mom is now really sick with cancer. He and Steph are hanging close and caring for her. Dane is moving home from Winnipeg and wants to sell the house there and Bren is finishing his Masters' thesis.
Bren wants to do his PHD in the east or in England. His girlfriend Meg wants to come with me!
Tim, my sweety, wants to travel back and forth but needs to care for his elderly father. My mom wants to come back with me. So many people to consider.

I want to spend a few months alone and just work and see new things.

No comments: