Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Friday, June 1, 2007

Dismissed

I made a decision today to refuse further treatment and testing from the B.C. Cancer Agency.

No more tests and surgeries. No more pathology reports for the next six months. No more running this life based on extreme diagnosis and risk which is usually vastly exaggerated. No more pokes and pricks for vials of blood and starving for tests. No more medications that distort every part of me.

No more over kill.

Each year of survival increases chance for a longer life. Each intrusion now shortens it.

I am grateful for the extraordinary effort and compassionate caring. I just don't want them anymore!

No comments: