Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Friday, June 15, 2007

Icky Bits

Icklebits Miniature pub sick

I have a fondness for things Liliputian. I am sure that many people who are involved in the arts started out making tiny things and try to reproduce things around them but in a smaller scale.

Lots of items have held my interest for years and thought I had seen just about everything that was commercially provided for doll houses. Not so! There is a company called Icklebits from Britain that has been producing accessories for minuature pubs. You guessed it... they have miniature vomit and wet footprints walking away from it to make the little pubs more realistic.

Icklebits also has a fondness for tiny little dogs and they have wee little dog turds complete with undigested biscuits.

Maybe I can make my living producing the disgusting in miniature. I had the most uninspiring day waiting for Ryan to come and pick up his laundry. Once again I am reminded to really look around at my own environment for stimulation. I am surrounded today by crusty pots and pans, an overflowing garbage bin, towels on the floor and dirty laundry. My house work fairy has not done his job.

There is a dead fly on the window ledge that is calling for my attention. Gotta go!

See http://www.icklebits.co.uk/

No comments: