Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Balls and Abigail

I feel back to normal today except pain that has been in my right side for years has disappeared.
Nearly normal except for a bit of energy loss.

Baking bannana bread helps and it smells good enough to make me think about all of the little balls I was making before my surgery. Little silicone balls covered in earth and sand and painted on the inside with irradescence and florescense. Bigger balls covered with my Eden skins.

Each a tiny thing I was going to make yesterday and today all inspired by Abigail Doan.

Abigail works with the earth and I work with smaller globes. Her vision and creations have kept me going through these last little trials. Her ability to use natural elements to breath air back in my lungs without knowing. She understands there is hope for the future and her optimism burst through with each of her organic and thoughtful works.

Both of us come from sheep farmers. She calls herself an "art farmer". I love what she grows!

Check out her blog www.abigaildoan.blogspot.com

No comments: