Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Bandaids Off

I feel so free. The wound coverings came off today and they did a fantastic job. Dr. Kuusk and sidekick Annie! They used at least one of my old scars and then sewed it up better than new.

I find out Monday how the pathology looks.

The whole afternoon was spent in the studio with both Jay and Adonna. I managed to make about seven little pupae and even tackled cording the wires frames. The variety of beings is now getting more exciting. The "collector's boxes" are being built and designed and all should be ready for photos next week.

Bummer is that I can't do the castings when people are in the studio. I will have to pull an all nighter and bring them home to dry.

A new possible summer intern contacted me today. I met him last winter and he asked all the right questions. He was also personable and low key. Another person has also applied from Cap College so I might have a little team this summer with Hilary, me and the interns.

Tomorrow everything goes in the patination bucket. Rust, Rust and more rust!.

Almost forgot to mention Rebecca Chernovsky-Harker's Grad Show photographs at Emily Carr College of Art. They are powerful and narrative. I am a proud "auntie"! She can sing,dance and act and now she can take wonderful photographs.

No comments: