Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Friday, May 18, 2007

Patchwork and Voyeurs.


Today is the day I get another patch on this crazy quilt of a body.

Surgery is scheduled for 10:00am. Nothing to eat or drink after midnight.

I need my glasses for consent forms and to stitch a little before I am hauled off. Clean panties for my grand burlesque as they roll me from one table to the next. No rips, no tears, no stains. Always the prissy panties and not my black lace favourites. Perhaps I'll just wear my scary old, lady bloomers. They are far more shocking. I need my book but the last one got snagged before I finished reading it. Slippers are required. I need one of the obscene sequined cream cheese pastel slippers I saw in the Moulin Rouge. Old lady bloomers and slutty, sequined slippers should work with the open backed blue gown.

Dr. Kuusk will once again open my layers and "take a look". I feel that my chest wall is like the hood of an old car that she keeps tacking together to roll it to the next garage.

Today I have a conscious surgery. I "get to watch". A "voyeur" viewing what is done to my body. I've done this once before and it didn't go very well. You get to observe them "freaking out" if a mistake gets made. Trust me...mistakes get made.

But today I have a little faith that things will go well and all these growths will leap out of me and run down the hall. They are just a nasty bunch of strangers who need to be sent away because this party is over. I have all my forces lined up. Knives, lazer guns and a fanatic guard dog of a surgeon. There are heat seeking missles to fry them if they even try to come back.

I should be home by 4:oo where I can crawl back into a red flannel nightie, eat a chocalate bisquit and have my tea. I"ll sniff the beautiful lily that Hilary left me and understand that it doesn't matter what they say. I am still here for today!

Break a leg Patricia!!!

No comments: