Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Confirmed

I talked with Lyn Fabio's partner Norman yesterday and he confirmed that the e-mail I got from her was legitimate.

They are now working with the Canadian Embassy to get her out. It is expected that she will be allowed to cross the Russian Border on the weekend if everything goes well.

Lyn says that she had so many good experiences in Russia before this happened. She is so disappointed because the experience of not being able to come home will wipe out the good feelings she had about her Russian Craft journey.

I just want her home safe in her Canadian Arctic home! Send good wishes!

3 comments:

arlee said...

THANK GOODNESS!!!!

Deb Lacativa said...

I thought I was reading a pilot for a new reality show on the DIY network!

material witness said...

There has been no news yet of her being allowed to come home. She says she is stressing and then admiring the beauty to calm down.