Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Friday, April 17, 2009

Learning the Ways of Wells

I had a lesson yesterday in doing Wells the proper way. The guy who gave me the lesson has been here for 11 months. He refers to the people who have lived here for 14 years as newcomers.

I am moving from one location to another. My new house is at the "Good Eats". I will be in blissful aloneness. I have learned through time that signs of incompatibility can show up rather quickly and that they shouldn't be ignored.

The snow is coming down now and I haven't slept well for the last few days. I am going for a nap and then off to IMA (Island Mountain Arts). The art community here is vibrant and very active. Many people are doing beautiful work from sock knitting to incredible sculpture and painting.

Trying not to alienate people is my biggest challenge. I seem to have a knack for it.

No comments: