Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Thursday, March 8, 2007

SHELTER FOR STUDIOLESS ARTISTS

Jay was in the studio and an inspector from the city dropped by to let people in our wonderful studio know that the place had never been registered as anything but a clothing factory.

Jeina e-mailed to let me know that the studio will require a full inspection and we will require business licences in the future. We will also probably require liability insurance etc.

There are so few spaces for artists and working studios in this expensive city. I have so much stuff and so many pieces that I have to store . What will happen to my library, supplies and equipment?

I am a bucket of anxiety. Thankfully Jay and Jeina are so very Zen!
I will hope for the best. I can't imagine finding better people to get to work with.

No comments: