Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Friday, June 20, 2008

Blogging Worlds

Eve Mosher Charcoal drawings
Eve Mosher Charcoal drawings

Eve Mosher Charcoal drawings


Cellular Studies Conte on Paper Patricia Chauncey

Cellular Landscape Studies Conte on per Patricia Chauncey



Cellular Landscape Studies Conte on paper Patricia Chauncey




Cellular Studies Conte on paper Patricia Chauncey 2005 - 2008






Abigail Doan surprized me today with images of artists Eve Mosher, Austin Thomas, Abigail Doan and Patricia Chauncey. She has decided that there is something about our collective work that resonates in a similar way. This is uncanny since most of us were unaware of the other's work.

I ran into Abigail's images when i was still dealing with medication and cancer. Her work was on Neo-images and it became a healing visual for me. It took my breath away and has always lived
somewhere in my soul.

I remember sitting here stunned when I saw Eve Mosher's work and wondering if she had been looking over my shoulder. I know she hadn't and I hadn't seen her work either. I was even more floored when I saw her sketches. Were they ripped from my sketch book?

Austin has worked on creating the utopic work space and has considered carefully the repurposing of public space for art making. Abigail introduced me to Austin's ideas a few months ago when I was stressing about the possibility of losing my studio. I, then, had to consider the priviledge of having it and how I could repurpose it for others to share. Austin now has a studio in the Elizabeth Building in New York. A place of one of my favourite art experiences when I traveled there with Naughty Peter a few years ago. I wanted a studio there but I live here. Now I am so happy to know Austin is there. Even if I only know her through the blogworld.

Each of these artists touches a place in my psyche and we clearly share part of our visual language. How did we learn it? Was it a result of our technology and a relationship to both macro and micro information? Was it about our relationship to the greater feminine and our internal landscapes? A shared concern for our earth? An activist bent? Coffee?

I dunno but I am delighted by it.

The other three have now met. I am in Canada and can only visit them on the internet.
I have discovered each artist on my own through internet browsing. Each time I felt a pull towards their work.

It is worth time to read through these other blogs.

Abigail Doan http://abigaildoan.blogspot.com/

Austin Thomas http://drawingontheutopic.blogspot.com/
http://atfreespace.blogspot.com/

Eve Mosher http://www.mudandsticks.com/

2 comments:

Abigail Doan said...

We love you, Patricia! Even though you are there and we are here, the making of the work and the day-to-day intention is what bridges us. It is a seamless sort of synergy - fueled by wanting more, seeing beyond, and digging deep.

material witness said...

How wonderful is that!