Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Monday, August 2, 2010

Little White Things

I spent time exploring white shapes and shadows. All soft clay, all tiny shapes. Inspired by some of the gorgeous felt container work that Marchi Weirson is doing.

Playing with soft clay is something I do sometimes instead of sketching ideas. It makes playing with ideas for larger projects more three dimensional. Photos of them can be used in inspiration files.

Squishing soft white clay is a good way to start the engines and I no longer have the urge to rub it through my hair , smear it into the floor, stick it up my nose, or eat it. There are days when this could still happen. Not quite as satisfying as good gumbo prairie mud.


































Photos by Patricia Chauncey and Tim Hurley August 2010
Soft white clay forms
Study for Abundance

No comments: