Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Monday, August 23, 2010

Talisman One Complete.


The mobile that has driven me to hell and back is complete. I decided to work it like a Talisman instead of a traditional layered mobile.

Included in it are animal bones, driftwood, a buffalo tooth, chains, found metal objects and turban cloth. I used old rusted chain, wire and created new chain.

Forcing projects never works. Things come in their own time.

This one now casts shadows, clatters, shakes and pings.

It is on the way to Quesnel tomorrow. All bought and paid for.

All the unfinished Well s projects are now complete!!!! I did it!!!!
This mobile is about 3 1/2 feet tall. It is heavy and will be displayed beside an open window near a stone fireplace. The ceiling is made of hand split cedar. It is a heavy brute.

No comments: