Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Friday, November 4, 2011

Ownership Day 4

Sigh.

Insurance companies are not flexible at all.

I am now surveying everyone in town to find out who insures them and for how much.

So far the quotes I am getting are double what other people are paying.

What does this have to do with textile art? It has lots to do with our ability to sell the work and not have overhead higher than profit. The people who get screwed in this are the artists!

So I called the Wells and District Chamber of Commerce and the Economic Development Officer and let them know. I will make a presentation to Council and see if they can help at all.
New business is required to keep little towns going.

Oh ...and don't mess with Patricia. My street teeth have come out.

No comments: