Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Practicums

Today my practicum student Joseph starts in the studio.
He will be with me until June 19. It is always a little intimidating to invite people into the space. It is a matter of making sure the spiel coincides with the reality.

I have a number of projects for him to work on and maybe complete some stuff that isn't finished.

Tim wants to take off for a few days to go to the Oregon Coast and lovely Portland. He just got a new job and time off between. I get him for company and for his carpentry tasks. Heh Heh! So today is for studio introductions and then leave tomorrow for a few days.

I am booked for surgery in September and will become a real bionic woman. The fog that has come over my eyes quickly is a result of being on the steroids after my lungs were burnt by the breast cancer radiation. The side effect is legal blindness. It has gone from a little irritating to looking through smoked, frosted glass. I was warned that there might be no hope for improvement but they were wrong. I get new lenses implanted in my eyes and they are considering it urgent because of this artist thing. It is covered on medicare making me glad to be Canadian once again.

My baby graduated yesterday and looked great. I am a proud mama!

1 comment:

arlee said...

I wish you the bestest doctors and a speedy speedy healthful and clear recovery!!!!!!