Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Wind

I was burning some little globes today for Numen Gallery. It was warm enough to sit on the old woodedn staircase at the studio. It was comfy in the sun and the fumes were kept to a minimum.
The work lasted a full hour and two globes were completed and gorgeous. I put the globes beside me on the stairs and was aiming for a pile of them to rust and shellac if possible. There was extra time spent on each one.

I was completely shocked when the wind came up and carried two of them away like little beings and depostited them on the rickety, impossible roof top below me. Now I can only hope the wind will come and pick them up again and blow them to the ground.

In the meantime they are nestled in the thick moss and cigarette butts looking like very toxic mushrooms. Who knows what the elements will do to them?

Lesson learned....put finished objects in a box and protect them.

1 comment:

arlee said...

OH! Talk about interurban art and found art :} Get a telephoto lens and keep track!