Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Friday, May 2, 2008

Updates

Lyn Fabio is home safe and sound. Her ordeal is over and the Canadian government came through with her airfare, a per dieum and cab fare home. She is extremely grateful. So am I.
She is still dreaming about her ordeal in Russia.

She tells me that the first crocuses of spring are poking their faces through the clay of Whitehorse. The air is fresh, clean and crisp like only northern air can be.

Now Lyn is making up for lost time and wages and will be cooking up a storm at the restaurant for the first time since her surgery in the fall. I hope she will also have some time for her beautiful art.

Tim is now officially unemployed and is in rest mode after years at a very demanding high tech job. His whole identity is being reworked and he will have to find his feet after years of wage security. He is released from wage slavery and a workaholic life into all kinds of possibility.

Yesterday we spent time looking at amazing tiny houses. I think I want one. My house is only 560 square feet including bathrooms and hallways and excluding the cellar. Some of the new houses are from 70 square feet to 150 square feet. They have everything we have except for room to skip.

Last night I dreamt of little tower houses. Small foot prints with four stories and connected by bridges at different levels from which to watch the bears roaming on the ground. I dangled above them and recorded their actions.

Normally I am terrified of bears. I can't sleep in tents or feel safe in the heavy forest out here.
So my towers worked well and I didn't disturb them at all. I could watch how beautiful they were.

Bears, really, are the least of my worries!

No comments: