Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Baby Bunting

Juliet, my lovely friend , is expecting her little baby in a few more days and I need to make a baby bunting and a few little outfits. I also want to make her a little swaddling blanket of soft material.

I have found a few patterns for all but am wondering where more are.

Swaddling cloths aren't used much anymore or are called receiving blankets or something.
There might be something in the stash of baby clothes left over from the boys. There was a little nightie with long sleeves that had a drawstring at the bottom to keep wee feet warm. The pattern was Irish and about two hundred years old but it is stored away somewhere safe to be found years from now. My mother's friend Liz drew it for me when Dane was a baby. I hope it is still around.

I will crochet some Irish lace booties and a little bonnet from another old pattern.

As soon as I get the CSI's finished. Maybe the baby will be a little late to give me a bit more time. There is always a rush for due dates and deadlines.

No comments: