Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Gut Instinct

Lyn Fabio has come to town. She taught me how to work with gut a few years ago.
She lives and works in Whitehorse and has now been published in the Surface Design Association Magazine.

She makes the most spiritually charged vessels using a variety of guts and fish skins.
Her aesthetic is ancient and contemporary at the same time.

She is here for hip surgery and will actually give me some time before she goes in on Friday. I will pack her up some inspirational books and supplies for her hospital stay. She can aslo dig through my studio and occupy herself while I am working.

I think I have convinced her to come back when she is well and do a gut workshop for us southerners (in a Canadian sense). she is a very good teacher.

2 comments:

? said...

hey, check out my blog:
http://torevealartandconcealtheartist.blogspot.com/

if you find it interesting , i'd be grateful if you put a link on your blog :)

material witness said...

What a gorgeous blog!
It is very interesting.

I will link as soon as my techno peasant mind can figure it out.