Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Broken

Well...holy s..t!

I have 2 days until the TV interview and 4 days before hanging the East Side Culture Crawl and my sewing machine crapped out, threw sparks and died a not very elegant death. I guess it had a problem sewing through animal bones, the skins and poly plastic dripping with silicone. Maybe it was the cement powder or the stinking latex. Who knows?

Well there is no time to stress out over it and another plan must be made. Suicide is not an option. No one here is impressed by my tears.

I am hand sewing pupae cases. Hand rolling hems and wait for it....doing embroidery by hand.
I dragged everything home tonight and will attempt to do my devore from the house, roar up the washing machine for dyeing and pole wrap until I faint. Pole wrap not pole dance!

Tim has kindly offered to do some papier mache and his is much more precise and far smoother. I almost don't want to coat it with the emulsions but something must be shown with expected crustiness.

I am still an adrenalin junkie. This is all kind fun!

1 comment:

arlee said...

See, that's why a person needs three machines!!!
And hand work can be soothing......:}