Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Finished Crawling

What can I say?

I am not sure when I will stop floating on air. The East Side Culture Crawl went far better than ever imagined. There were amazing people, wonderful feedback and a fistful of dollars. There are really so many opportunities that have come from this that I have to sit down and make choices.

Tim and I sat down and made some decisions about what direction to travel. Decisions always require changes and leaving what exists to move on to what will become. Bravery is required. It is easy to be braver when there is enough security to do that.

I asked some hard questions about what I require for my process and creativity to thrive, about how to improve my work and how to plan ahead. Some answers came easy. Other answers will take a little more time.

My life changed drastically when I stopped working to survive cancer. I never thought that my career could or even should continue in the same direction. But kissing something goodbye isn't always the end of it. Sometimes opportunities come back and are greater than they were when left behind.

Sometimes people return and touch you again. This weekend two important people returned.
One was a wonderful comfort and my muse. The other almost fainted and collapsed for awhile because she really thought I was dead. She had buried me and put me in the place of memory. Only I was standing in front of her and making noise and leaping about. I had also let her go because she had moved to Europe and had gone on to the most wonderful things. But there she was!

So today I start working with the gifts that are new and the ones that return.

As soon as my poor head stops spinning!

No comments: