Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Circles

I have just heard that a local T.V. program is interested in doing some filming of me working in the studio and showing my work for the East Side Culture Crawl. They did a broadcast call for 6 artists but they asked for me! I didn't put my name forward.

How exciting!!!

This means I have to get work finished even earlier and set up the studio again...Gaahh!

Richard Nicholsen was once volunteering for me when I was doing anti-poverty work.
He put up a sign above my desk. I have used it as a motto since that time.

It goes:

When in panic,
when in doubt
run in circles
scream and SHOUT!!!

3 comments:

arlee said...

Oh my, my Great Granny used to say that :}
It's always feast or famine! And congrats again!

Donna said...

don't wear out your studio flooring making that race track! Congrats. :-)

material witness said...

I wonder where some of these sayings come from. I hadn't heard it before Richard but your Great did.

My Gran used to accuse me of "wearing holes in the linoleum worrying". The studio has wood floors so my grandpa used to say "the floor under me would catch fire if I didn't slow down".

There is "nothing new under the sun" according to my mom's mom.

I am now so busy I don't have time to worry. Thanks for the congrats.