Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Monday, December 3, 2007

Air Float











Theo Jansen's Strandbeests roaming the beaches




I am floating on air. I had the best day working with Kyd Campbell in my studio. She is only here from Montreal for a while but she never ceases to provide me with inspiration.

I came home to an e-mail from Abigail Doan, one of my most favourite artists ever, and she wrote something lovely about my work on her beautiful blog. She also sent me gorgeous pictures of her tiny twins and they look well cared for and healthy. How she finds time to write and be creative is beyond me.

Naughty Peter has sent me the most glorious images of Theo Jansen's kinetic creatures called "Strandbeests" that are roaming the beaches in Holland. They already haunted my imagination and have been nurtured by someone else so they can roam. They are artgasm!

Check out
http://strandbeest.com/ For Theo Jansen's work
http://abigaildoan.blogspot.com For a beautiful blog and to see some of my images

No comments: