Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Alone

I have the week to myself. Tim packed up his sailing kit and gave me a little kiss. He is gone for the next week. Leaving me to chase burglars or whatever is needed.

I have been making silicone and acrylic pupae casings on the porch. It is blazing hot so I have to put them under the table to dry meaning that only four or five can be done at a time. They seem to be dry enough to peel after about 2 or three hours.

The molds are made from the Georgia Straight newspaper and aluminum foil and are easy enough to use again and again. Gayla gave me left over acrylic yarns and they become very fleece like when unwound. Curly and long enough to resemble silk rovings or strands of fur.
So far I have made five different sizes and will stuff them with blumpy and eggy globes similar to what were used in the Wonderland show at Numen last fall.

Joseph and I will meet over the heat press on Monday. He is playing with heat presses and t-shirts.

Thinking about further falling into night mode and sleeping in the day to take advantage of the evening cool for working. This fits with my nature but never works with my morning bird of a partner. But he is floating on the water far away and I have the house and studio to myself.

What an incredible indulgence to be alone for a change! I might drown in work.

First testings for my eye surgery on August 22. Then am on call for my cyber eyes.

2 comments:

arlee said...

Oh to have a week purely to myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keeping my hoofies crossed and sending ya good thoughts for the eye sergery (wish it were as easy as that on one of our machines :})---your surgery i mean.

material witness said...

My iridology Oncologist is a Master Artist and she will do a good job.
I trust her with my very eyes.
Perhaps she will sprinkl;e a little glitter back into them!