Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Friday, August 22, 2008

Countdown

Dane arrived home this morning and Brendan and Meghan have been incredibly sweet to me. Tim is still out on the boat. It is probably more than a little rough because the weather has been challenging.

This morning I am booked for my pre surgery testing and then I am on serious call for lens replacement or whatever they decide to do. I feel quite frozen with apprehension and have called people like Jennifer Love of the SDA to make sure I am not signed up for anything for awhile.

I can no longer thread a needle even with the needle threader but can knit and crochet with big needles and thick wool.

Today I spent cleaning and crocheting a hat for baby Daniel Nahum. It is giant crocheted hat and he is a little baby. I chose all the colours because he will like them and they could be seen. The hat turned out to be a bright , funny tam or Rasta thingy. Daniel is a tiny little Austrailian Israeli thingy. Either his curls will stick out or he will eat it. It has a very nipple looking atachment at the top. He really likes things that look like that and I don't have any for him. So poor little Mr. Nahum will be dressed like a circus tent in bright yellow, orange, acid green, purple and coral.

My rule for hats with my active sons was super bright so I could see them. Chris ran about like a little rocket ship and Dane just kind of sauntered like he was stuck in molasses , Bren was so short he disappeared on me and Steph just took his hat off. I remember crocheting them all hats and they just looked at me like I was insane. Except for Bren...he always wore a hat. He wore fedoras, tams, police hats, cowboy hats, hard hats and a funny little Charlie Chaplin number.
Chris loved anything with baseball on it , Dane lived in black tams and anything hip hop and Steph just took his hat off!

Wish me luck tomorrow.

3 comments:

arlee said...

I'll put my happy hat on, the one with daisy petals and antlers, and send you good good good thoughts. Big huggles.

Deb Lacativa said...

I'm starting a hat in your honor. Fly high, all will be well.

material witness said...

I can only imagine. Thank you!