Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Sunday, August 17, 2008

What Did I Do Today?

What did I do today?

I have decided to chart my activities for a little while because I keep thinking I am slothful and depressed.

Today I:

1. Did all the dishes by hand and dried them.
2. Washed the bathroom and made a bathroom shrine.
3. Dusted 2 bookshelves.
4. Hand watered 12 balcony herb pots and hand watered 5 planter boxes. Weeded mesclun box.
5. Read Amy Tan.
6. Sent away Jehovah Witness.
7. Read Amy Tan.
8. Watched Relocation Relocation and contacted Chrissy about the house in France. she will go see it and wants to partner if it's good.
9. Slept and overslept.
10. Organized house collages and art supplies.
11. Rolled yarn.
12 Peeled plastic wrap from silicone pupae covers and trimed yarn.
Vacuumed Llivingroom and dining room.
13. Laundry two loads.
14. Discovered cool huntings sent by Naughty Peter. Watched all the videos.
15. Facebooked step sister regarding cute child.
16. Wrote praise for Bruce Elkin's great column on good enough.
17. Folded quilts.
18. Checked out grant applications and calls to enter.
19. Started statement for Seattle Erotic Art. Won't miss deadline next time.
20. Did some measurements for installation.
21. Swept.
22. Scrubbed chair cushion.
23. Ate Toffee pie.
24. Drank Elderberry wine.
25. Went for Ethiopian with Chrissy and ate too much injera.
26. Went for a walk and looked at the full moon and walked arm in arm with my dear friend.
27. Put my shoes away and wrote my list for material witness.

Did more than I thought. Now back to the sketchbook. After I clean my glasses.

2 comments:

arlee said...

Isn't it amazing how much *does* get accomplished in a day?????
I have a favour to ask regarding 4------can you get more mesclun mix seeds???? I would gladly trade you something or send the cost---it's rare here and impossible to find--the short growing season means retail packed it all away the middle of July!!!!

material witness said...

I'll check at Figaro's Garden and the Hardware Store today. I only have one package left. If I can't find more I'll split it with you.
E me your new address and I'll try to send tomorrow!