Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Monday, August 18, 2008

Stewing

Today I fell into stewing about everyone who has ever hurt my feelings. What an incredible waste of time. I was so glad when Joseph showed up because he is a friend I can't imagine him hurting anyone's feelings.

He went and picked up lunch and coconut bubble tea. Normally bubble tea freaks me out completely because I spent so much time around amphibian eggs and larvae but this was really good.

I picked and prodded at thirty unfinished projects and Joseph productively created and cut out a new pattern for himself. He is really good at pattern drafting and is now working at Wild Rose
Tattoo T shirts. Thank God he can gossip a little and has interesting things to tell me about his life. He doesn't even mind too much if I fall into a motherly advice role. I am so glad he was around today.

C, V and I talked about textile artists and hoarding. We all admitted to it. I am not sure C is a hoarder though. She just lives in a tiny place and has a tiny studio. V and I have the largest studios and I know I hoard cloth and supplies. Tomorrow I am going to throw away some of my old dried out paint jars and bottles. There is a special place in our studio recycling for them to go.
I had also better look at the extra piles of cloth that keep being donated. V. suggested we just have a giant trade off and just invite people from the street.

Maybe I can just give away free bags of fabrics at the Culture Crawl or charge $1.00 for a little bag. Maybe I can make doll kits or something for gifts. Lots and lots of them!

Any good ideas?

No comments: