Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Connections

Miss Joanie Marie Moossy in Relaxcersize
Image stolen shamefully from her site.


Miss Moossy wrote to my blog regading Christine Hatfull. I tried to write back to Miss Moossy but couldn't get through on the email I found.

So Miss Moossy... the world is so connected! I called Christine and she remembers you and is thrilled and will contact you herself.

How great is that?

Checking into Eve Mosher's blog was very much about this today. She has been charting blogger and internet connections between artists. It helps people find one another, share ideas and realize collective unconsciousness in a concrete way.

I wrote to Arlle Barr about the work she did about the prairies and the Badlands, Arlee Barr had a link to Danny Mansmith. I looked at Abigail Doan's blog and she wrote an article about Danny Mansmith and a silo wrapping project. I looked back at my own blog and tried to find an artists name from England who had written to me regarding natural process and found that Miss Moossy, the New York performance artist, wrote to me about reading my blog and finding Christine Hatfull. All in two days using under half an hours time.

Miss Moossy says she is coming to Vancouver this month. Christine will visit her and I will send small gifts for Christine to give to Miss Moossy to bring back to New York to give to Abigail Doan, Eve Mosher and Austin Thomas.

And Christine is jumping up and down because Miss Moossy is coming to town!

No comments: