Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Self Indulgence

I found a pair of sun glasses that seem to block the glare. Problem not completely solved but far better than it was yesterday. Mood wise, it is a better day.

Tim is back on the roof putting up the eaves and then taking off the scaffolding.

Bren is celebrating his birthday with lots of people over the next few days. His birthday is tomorrow and his girlfriend has something organized. He was my last baby at home and he has now graduated and gone. I will make a cake for him anyways because I figure that after labour and child rearing I get too for awhile. Even if we get crabby with one another.

I dreamt of Grand Manan Island. I lived alone with a large white dog and some sheep. I kept tangling my warp while I was weaving basket covers and face masks. Both were avocado green and I kept thinking the warp needed changing but I couldn't figure out the gears.
The sheep were getting in the kitchen and making a mess. I kept having to leave my task and deal with the sheep.

One lamb was dehydrated and almost transparent. He had odd stitchings on his body and I thought someone might be trying to fix what wasn't broken. His transparency inspired duck mouthed hand puppets that were translucent and collaged internally.

That is what has happened to me. I am collaged internally. Ha!

Will be taking a few days break for my eyes and see if that helps.

No comments: