Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Metamorphosis


Hand coloured digital transfers now waiting for heat process, stitching and embellishment.

I crawled into the work room this morning after a long night of writing and found sticky tabs all over my binder. I use both the computer and hand written materials when producing a package. Caught in that place between old and new school. Too young to tuck the old hanky up my linty cardigan sleeve... too old to wear the flashing L.E.D. thong. Sometimes a confusing place.

The consequence is a bit of a snarl. I have been trying to break my dependency on Tim's technical abilities and push through on my own. Getting better at this a little at a time.
If I can run the heat press, Embellisher and a complex sewing machine there is hope ...

Managed to produce an statement or two, the course introduction, supply list, find some photo files and finish my c.v.

I am tired today and still need to get everything sent to the curator in Quesnel. Good thing she is patient and lovely.

Best part of last night was finding a series of silk digital transfers that are now ready to turn into creatures. Much more done than I thought.

No comments: