Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Monday, May 16, 2011

Today





Still drowning under components. Had a difficult day today. Still dealing with nausea and the effects of this new medication and trying to work through it.

A wobbly self image day today. Topped off with information I wasn't expecting to hear regarding one of my workshops and low registration. Will try and keep this in perspective.
Lots of galleries and artists are struggling this year.

I do this work because I love it. Not for anyone else. I have always done it and I will for as long as I am able in this life.

After these shows are finished I need to evaluate very carefully what direction to take next. A little hiatus and a way to re-fuel. My energy and health are important in my ability to create. I am affected by the people around me and it has been a difficult year. I am not in crisis, far from it, but there is a more mature way to work.

Back to it.

No comments: