Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Monday, September 12, 2011

CARE to Change - Pressure

I am thrilled to tell you that my young friend Sequae Daku's video has been entered in a competition. She has addressed the issue of social pressure to change her appearance to look like everyone else. The video was made last summer at Island Mountain Arts Video Production Day Camp. You have the opportunity to help her win by giving her your vote at
http://caretochange.ca/pressure/

Sequae helped me in my gallery in Wells two summers ago and will be hired right away if I open it again. Her video also gives a good look at my favourite little village in Northern B.C.

I am a member of Island Mountain Arts which operates an amazing summer school for the arts.

No comments: