Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Saturday, September 17, 2011

One Sleep



This month is rapidly turning into my New Year. The rain has started.
But things are happening!

2 hour interview and filming an artist's profile on Monday in the Britannia Beach Mine. Excited about that. They are filming my work and me climbing through the mine.

The B.C. Mining Museum have extended my show "Unearthed" until November 5.

Squamish Art's Council asked to keep my work in their gallery during the Arts All Candidates Meeting in November.

Michael Moore's speak is tomorrow evening. One more sleep. My date is Gayla Chernovsky. He is reading from his new book for the Writer's Festival.

Art Is Your Business workshop with Island Mountain Arts in Wells, B.C. on October 14 - 16. Booked already!

East Side Culture Crawl in late November. Need to pay fees. Prep time. Will do an installation and show work from the last three shows.

A collaboration with artist Barry Butler sometime soon.

Femke van Delft and Dave Chokroun new show Playing War Games at Shudder Gallery 433 Columbia Street, Vancouver B.C. on September 21 at 9:30 pm. Very Excited about that!

Finishing my Web site with Scott Pownall.

Revamping and painting the studio which has turned into a storage unit through the spring and summer.

Lots to do.

"I am not what I am, I am what I do with my hands."
Louise Bourgeois

No comments: