Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Dreaming of Yayoi.

Photograph of Yayoi Kusama and her work
Last night I dreamt Yayoi Kusama was busy planting her sculpture all through the back yard.

I hid behind the post on the balcony and decided to watch her because I had no right to interfere. I wondered if she even knew I was watching.


She worked at a furious pace and reminded me of my aunt Ruth. Her digging and busy work made little holes everywhere. She started to remind me of the little star faced moles that used to live in this area. Tunnels and piles of dirt started to show up everywhere. Occassionally a tiny thing was planted and would remain buried. Sometimes she dragged in a bigger, more organic work that I couldn't quite see.


I started to feel concerned when she dug up tiles and fabric that was buried in subtle places for later but I knew there should be no interruption.


She left the garden and her face remained unseen. She hadn't known I was there. She didn't clean up the mess.

No comments: