Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Friday, September 14, 2007

So Tired

A.S Byatt British Author

photo of Wayson Choy Vancouver Author


I am so tired tonight. Mary Ellen and Jacquie cooked me a beautiful curry supper and made carrot cake from their garden. They made me chai and sat me down to two good movies.




Since Tim left I am reading and working. I have devoured a book by Oliver Sachs called Uncle Tungsten. I consumed Wayson Choy's All That Matters about Vancouver Chinatown and old China. I have sunk into A.S. Byatt's Black Book of Stories and I have been introduced to Shawna Singh Baldwin. Tonight should see the end of these. Tomorrow I drown myself in Paul Bowles. I may never surface.




I spent so much time burning yesterday that these fingers actually have burns on them and a nicotine coloured shadow. I hope Bren can download my photos soon.




Tommorrow Fariba is dragging me Gallery hopping. Christine is dragging out the Bar B and is spoiling me on Saturday. Wine, lamb and excellent company. I am never this social when Tim is home and I think that will have to change.




Life would be perfect if the garbage strike ended and the fruit flys flew away!

No comments: