Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Yesterday was so productive. I started working at 6:30, had tea with Lilias by 7:00 and was seriously down to work by 7:30. I worked straight through to 2:30 grabbed some sushi and worked until 6:30. It felt so Protestant somehow!

Problem is my hips are completely frozen today and my cancer arm is big and swollen so I can't do much except write artists statements.

Never mind. I got lots accomplished yesterday and have a little wiggle room today.

I produced components yesterday with about 24 pieces of very lace like tyvec. They were patched together and stitched on what will be a beautiful skin. I will burn them for further detail after they are printed, stamped, metal waxed and embroidered. It should take 2 more studio days. I am trying to finish 5 or 6 new pieces for the East Side Culture Crawl to go with my pupae.

10 little cases are full of critters and pods now and 4 hangings are close to completion. Tomorrow will be a paper mache day and it is time to try a bigger globe, a bunch of little ones and chicken wire.

The I'll draw out my plans for a trade with Arlee Barr and comrades. Theme is "scary...CSI... forensics" in miniature (1 1/2" X 1 1/2 in). Hmmmm maybe I'll do kinky or something. Delivered in plain brown paper! As long as it doesn't ooze, explode or smell funny and fits in an envelope for mailing.

Check out Arlee Barr's and Albedo Designs inspiring little Blog and her funny friends.
http://arleebarr.squarespace.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/arlee/sets/298038/

No comments: