Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Thursday, September 13, 2007

My Son Brendan

Dane's House in Woolsley Sideways and I can't straighten it.

My son Brendan is very handsome and generous with his time. He is nice to me, his mom!


He spent from 7:00 pm to 11:30pm taking photographs for my portfolio. He used his new birthday camera and is learning how to use it. He took photo after photo of my many series of work. The light was really hard to control for some reason and the studio was bitchin' hot. It looks like there are lots of wonderful shots and details.


Today he went for a job interview with the City of Melbourne. He and Megs might go that far away. Megs will go to school there and Bren will do what sounds like amazing urban planning.

He spent all day working on his thesis and all last night on the Greyhound from the Okanogan.


Today he is my hero!


My other handsome hero son, Dane, is now a student at the University of Winnipeg and he is busy with school and negotiating with the nasty developers who bought the property beside our Winnipeg house. They are developing a beautiful old building that housed lots of interesting people, including a little group of mentally disabled people. All were kicked out. The developers didn't cloak the building during demo and all kinds of debris has landed in the yard. Our tenants are choking on the dust.
Dane is a very tall, strong, and calm fellow. He is political and loves communities that have character with a strong mix of people and situations. He loves Woolsley and so do I.


Now they want our old house, our old trees, our veggie garden and our neighbours. But they have Dane to deal with. He is a Hip Hop musician and is named bird apres for a reason. He also has a radio show... heh heh heh....


There are days when I am glad I gave birth.

No comments: