Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Sick

A "walk" sign from Paris

Signs near the Louvre Escalator. There were many more. No to everything!

I have compromised immunities because of cancer treatment.

My personality doesn't like that. "It" likes to rush around being a social butterfly. "It" likes to have something lovely to drink occasionally. "It" likes to work 24 hours a day when it wants.
Somehow "It" still hasn't adjusted to the fact there are limits.

Mostly I feel pretty well these days but last night had to be the worst in a long time. Hopefully my fever has broken.

"It" is promising to take the vitamins and drink the juices. The nap will have to happen. No sweets will be eaten. Nothing but swiss chard, carrots and garlic and ginger tea.

I spent the day yesterday making silk fusion papers for the Eastside Culture Crawl and Numen. Poor Hilary left early with the flu after she showed me her delicious sample book of delicate and beautiful carved poyesters. The papers turned out lovely and thick. No colour was used on them and the only embedding was from the wild silk rovings. I finished two more globes.

Paper mache and globe burning are the order of the day. The gut hasn't arrived from Stuffers.
It has to get here today or it won't dry on time for Numen unless it goes into a dehydrater.

1 comment:

arlee said...

The description of the papers sounds most enticing....
Be well, my dear!!!