Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Fetal Position

D.H.S. Security Blanket. Image from Alterna Crafts

Today I am just going to curl up in the fetal position for awhile. The "Good Eats Gallery" developments over the last few days have left me exhausted.

I have to re-evaluate how it is that I am going to get work done. I have to let everyone know.

Sometimes things just don't work out.

My son Chris's beloved, Vashti, is an archaeologist who has been working in Lima, Peru. I woke up this morning to news that a horrible earthquake has happened there. There is a tsunami warning and she is on the coast. She is physically very strong and a capable survivor but I feel worried and sad for the people there. I realise, once again, that we are small specks in a big world.

Today the extreme textile of choice is my security blankie.

No comments: