Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Saturday, August 4, 2007

Fungi

microstoma Tom Volks Fungus of the month
gyropixis Tom Volks Fungus of the month

I have been dreaming of lots of projects like a multi-layered and multi- reversible quilt.

There are so many fascinating mushroom and fungus patterns that I am going to incorporate in my creatures. There are a number of fungus that actually have over layers that would make the most incredible lace. They can also be used with the burning patterns.

I have been drawing for days and have been playing with negative and positive spaces for texture and shadow. I have to pull out the imagery I found of fungus and rot and look once again at the richness of texture and colour.

Tomorrow I am going to the studio to assemble the parts for at least one of the globes and work again on the Eden Skins.

The best part about getting the flu is that I always feel so creative when it lifts. I always feel so much lighter and inspired.

Both Tim and I have the heebie jeebies about buying the Gallery and are now in the process of pulling together the business plan.

No comments: